The extensive use of narcotics/drugs within and outside educational institutions has become a serious concern nowadays. The highly energetic youth can be guided by educating and at the same time by warning against the adverse effect of narcotics/drugs. With this noble intention, we focus on channelizing their talent, hobbies and intellect. We keep close contact with the students and their friends to make them aware of the legal implications of the same. The college anti-drug cell has been constituted to ensure a drug- free campus by imposing a total ban on the possession or consumption or use of drugs and alcohol by students of the college, within or outside the campus/hostels.
The duties of the anti-drugs cell include organizing awareness programmes in the college and hostels with the help of government authorized agencies/ organizations. Educating the students about the ill-effects of drugs and alcohol, encouraging peer policing among students against the use of drugs and reporting of any noticed use of drugs by the students to the student’s affairs committee are also the duties of the anti-drugs cell
Objectives of Anti-Drug Cell:
• To spread awareness to ensure a drug/ substance free campus.
• To prevent the initiation of drug use and the increase to addiction in those who have already initiated use.
• To engage the students in anti- drug activities and educating them about the ill-effects.
• Motivate students to become volunteers of anti-drug activities in their life.
• Ensure zero sale of drugs or alcohol in college premises.