Books have always been a great store house of knowledge for centuries and libraries which house them offer a big world of information. Mar Sleeva College library was set up in the year 2012 with the primary goal of raising students to a higher realm of academic excellence. The library houses a vast collection of books belonging to diverse disciplines and is equipped with a computer based self-service system. Library users are also given access to quality journals, magazines and newspapers. Students are encouraged to make the most of library through various activities and competitions conducted in the college from time to time. A peaceful ambience in and around library provides the right atmosphere for students and faculty to enhance their experience of knowledge gathering. The library follows open access system and provides service to meet the requirements of U.G and P.G Students, and staff members of the college. Library has various Sections such as Reference Section, Question Bank Section, Reading section Back volume Section.
- To support student community for Higher Education.
- To Support teaching staff for effective teaching and research.
The Library hours will be fixed by the college management from time to time. As at present fixed, the library hours will be as follows: 9.30 AM to 04.30 PM on all working days. The issue counter will be closed half an hour before the closing of the library and there will be no transactions of issue thereafter.
MEMBERSHIP AND ADMISSION TO THE LIBRARY
The membership of the library is open to the following categories:
(a) Students and faculty of the college.
(b) Non-teaching staff of the college.
MODE OF OPERATION
- Application for membership is to be made on the prescribed form obtainable from the library. Membership form cost is Rs.10.
- Each Applicant gets a membership card after verification of application form.
- Membership card is issued for the entire course period.
- Issue of book is made on the basis of membership card only.
- Each member takes only 2 books at a time.
- Personal belonging such as Bags, Tiffin-boxes, Notebooks, etc., should be left at the property counter in the library entrance.
- Before entering the Library the Gate Register is to be signed and the Membership Card shown at the counter.
- Strict Silence should be observed in the library.
- Books are lent to students on all working days.
- Books are usually lent for a period, of 14 days and may be renewed for a further period if those books are not in demand by other students.
- Overdue fine of Rs.5 per day will be charged, if the book is not returned on time.
- If the book is lost, you will have to pay three time of book cost and fine also.
- The librarian may ask for the return of any book even before the expiry of the due date
- Reference books such as dictionaries, yearbooks, encyclopedia, General knowledge books and books labeled as Reference will not be lent.
- Students are forbidden to make any marking or underlining in books and periodicals.
- Students are advised to examine and ascertain the conditions of the book at the time of borrowing itself. If there is any damage it should be immediately brought to the notice of the librarian. Otherwise the borrower will be held responsible for the damage book.
- All the students should produce their identity card at the time of borrowing library books.
- No outside / personal books are allowed in the library for reading purpose.