Anti-Ragging Cell is constituted in the college to prevent ragging and to take anti – ragging measures as per the guidelines issued by the Supreme Court of India & UGC.
In order to prevent such kind of activity on Mar Sleeva College campus, an anti-ragging cell has been formed is operational even before the start of First year classes by the Principal. The members of the anti-ragging cell are as follows:
- Mr. Abraham M.A
- Mr. Amal Mathew
- Ms. Bincy Joseph
- Ms. Maria Susan
Objectives of Anti Ragging Cell:
- To make the students aware of dehumanizing effect of ragging inherent in its perversity.
- To keep a continuous watch and vigil over ragging so as to prevent its occurrence.
- To deal with the incidents of ragging brought to our notice promptly and stringently.
Ragging is strictly prohibited in the college premises. If anybody found indulging in such kind of activities, strict action will be taken irrespective of the extent.
Students shall not:
- Violate the status, dignity, and honor of girls.
- Violate the status, dignity, and honor of SC and ST students.
- Expose students to ridicule and contempt thereby affect their self-esteem.
- Entail verbal abuse and aggression indecent gestures and obscene behavior.
- The Principal/the Anti-ragging cell shall take immediate action on any information about the occurrence of ragging.
Administrative action in the event of ragging in Mar Sleeva College: -
Depending on the nature and gravity of the guilt established by the Anti-Ragging Squad, award, to those found guilty, one or more of the following punishments, namely:
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/ examination or other evaluation processes.
- Withholding of results
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Cancellation of admission
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from one to four semesters
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period of time.