National Cadet Corps (NCC)
The National Cadet Corps is the Indian military cadet corps with its Headquarters at New Delhi, Delhi, India. It is open to school and college students on voluntary basis. National Cadet Corps is a Tri-Services Organization, comprising the Army, Navy and Air Force, engaged in grooming the youth of the country into disciplined and patriotic citizens. The NCC in India is a voluntary organization which recruits cadets from high schools, colleges and universities all over India. The Cadets are given basic military training in small arms and parades. The officers and cadets have no liability for active military service once they complete their course but are given preference over normal candidates during selections based on the achievements in the corps.
Objectives of NCC
1. To Develop Character, Comradeship, Discipline, Leadership, Secular Outlook, Spirit of Adventure, and Ideals of Selfless Service amongst the Youth of the Country.
2. To Create a Human Resource of Organized, Trained and Motivated Youth, To Provide Leadership in all Walks of life and be Always Available for the Service of the Nation.
3. To Provide a Suitable Environment to Motivate the Youth to Take Up a Career in the Armed Forces.
Cardinals of Discipline:
1. Obey with a smile.
2. Be punctual.
3. Work hard and without fuss.
4. Make no excuses and tell no lies.
• Unity and Discipline
The NCC Unit will be launched soon at Mar Sleeva College.